Monday, 5 November 2012

Auction House Arsenal

Part 1 - Having a Routine

With so much to see and do this expansion having a routine will greatly improve your prospects of making gold.

Now I am using the term term "routine" loosely. You can call it a plan, to-do list, guide, what ever you like. As long as you have a foundation down you can then ensure that you are doing everything you need too and you want forget something.

Before we begin to prepare a routine we need to take a look at our professions and characters to decide where to begin.

Lets take a look at what I have:

  • Level 90 Mage
    • Tailoring - 600
    • Enchanting - 600
  • Level 87 Paladin
    • Jewelcrafting - 600
    • Mining - 585
  • Level 85 Death Knight
  • Level 86 Hunter

Now that we have taken a look at where we sit we can see that some of our professions offer a cool down that produces an item that can be either sold or used to craft items.

So to begin this routine we would log onto those characters and complete their daily cool down. I would then log onto any characters that post items on the Auction House. I would collect expired items and gold from the mailbox and re-list the items on the Auction House.

So I have completed my cool downs and re-listed items. As I have a max level scribe and selling glyphs, I would then log onto to my scribe and craft any glyphs that I have sold and run out of and post these on the Auction House.

Once done listing items I will now move onto daily quests to complete to increase my reputation with a faction that gives an advantage to my professions. As I currently have one max level character I will be working on my Golden Lotus reputation which rewards Tailoring Patterns at Honoured and once revered will open the Shado-Pan Daily quests which reward the Enchanting Formulas at Revered.

I would also recommend doing the Tillers Daily Quests for your farm. Once you  reach revered status you can plant special crops that produce Ore, Herbs, Cloth etc. Before then plant vegetables.

As I don't get much time to play after work and real life commitments this may be all I get done during the week but if time permits I would also try leveling my other characters to 90 to unlock the daily quests for the faction that helps their profession.

So lets take a look at our routine so far:

  • Log on and complete daily cool downs
    • Imperial Silk
    • Gem Research
    • Scroll of Wisdom
    • Living Steel
  • Collect items from mailbox
  • Re-post items on Auction House not sold.
  • Craft glyphs to sell on AH
  • Complete Golden Lotus/Tillers Daily Quests
    • Rotate/Swap days if time does not allow to complete both
  • Continue to level other toons to 90

So now that we have a routine to get us started until more characters reach 90. As more characters reach 90 adjust accordingly to what you want to achieve. Change days you do daily quests. Skip a day on quests and level a character. 

A little bit of change in a routine can be a good thing so we don't get bored and loose the fun and enjoyment out of playing.

So now we come to an end of our first post in the series "Auction House Arsenal". We have a routing and we are ready to being. Next stop.....



1 comment:

  1. Routine huh? That's where I'm going wrong! I am so easily sidetracked but I do get everything done eventually :) Looking forward to next step xxx

    ReplyDelete

Comments